Tachometer: Faceplate

I’ve finished soldering the face plate for the tachometer and it all appears to work properly.

IMG_20150202_112359

IMG_20150202_112422

I wrote some debug code so I could feed it an RPM value through the arduino serial monitor and check the output, it all appears correct.

IMG_20150202_113056
3000 RPM

 

IMG_20150202_113036
6000 RPM

 

I’m just waiting on a few more parts to interface it with the car (Optoisolator with a built in schmitt trigger).

 

I also got a polypropylene sheet to place over the gauge to diffuse the light. I think it turned out pretty alright, for a first test: